Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bloody Clams


One of my favorite seafood has always been known to me as the bloody clams.    Growing up, my mom would cook these clams by boiling them, and making a dip which consisted of lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.  These clams actually have blood, but they are super delicious.  My sister and I would have a competition of who could eat the most bloody clams, counting the shells piled up at the end of our meals.  I think this may strike other people as a strange dish because normally one does not associate blood with clams.  Since I grew up with this dish, I do not think it's strange at all.  In fact I really recommend adventurous people to try bloody clams with rice.   I have never seen these clams in American grocery stores yet.  Usually, these clams are sold in asian supermarkets.  One can spot these clams by recognizing the gray white color, and deep ridges on the shell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment